Exams and Elections
The nice thing about exams and elections is that, at some point in time, they are OVER! That's the nice feeling I have today. I've just submitted my final exam for "Fundamentals of Business", an online class I've taken this quarter from Foothill College. This is the class for which I've been reading the text "Business Essentials", by Ronald J. Ebert and Ricky W. Griffin. And it is this class that has stimulated my thinking, and motivated me to start this blog. In fact, I created this blog, in part, to enable me to study the material I was learning...
Sad to say, I got so caught up in keeping up with the class, that I failed to keep up with this blog! It's not easy to take two classes at the same time, even when one's retired. The other class I took, "Using Microsoft Access 2003", has been equally challenging and stimulating. I can only say this - I hope I continue to profit from what I've learned, and continue to explore economic applications (and metaphoric analyses) for Union Activists.
The method of study I've explored here, of applying new learning to something I'm familiar with (i.e., the NALC), proved very effective. I found that the principles I wrote about were much clearer in my mind, and came more quickly to mind when needed. So, I will continue with this discipline.
Next quarter I hope to enroll in "The Economic History of Western Civilization" at Foothill College. Also, I'll try to complete my Web Programming Certificate at SF City College by taking a class on "Server-Side Technologies:XML and ASP.Net". So, I intend to continue exploring "Metaphoric Economic Analysis for Union Activists", and hope you join me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home